Lady Warriors Beat Tuscarora on Their Court at Their Own Game

Kali Burroughs '18, Staff Writer

An hour drive and these ladies set the Tuscarora court on fire with a final score of 52-46!

Power Forward Lyrin Hatcher said, “I think we played well against Tuscarora. They are supposed to be the top team and we used that as motivation to go out and play our best.” This senior recounted why this win was so important for our ladies; “Tuscarora is the team we lost to two years ago at Regionals, so that was an added motivation as well.” These Lady Warriors worked together to make sure they brought home that win and showed the Huskies how resilient the Warriors really are!

It was time for redemption.

— Forward Jami Tham

Center Hannah Foley said, “Tuscarora is the team that knocked us out of the playoffs a few years back, we needed this win for our seniors. They deserved this win.” This sophomore played a critical position in the game with seven rebounds, rebounds can be overlooked in a fast pace game such as this one, but are often the act which keeps the team in the win column.

inspire-2
Photo by Bryanna Jones ’18

Small Forward Tamara Jackson said, “I think we played well against Tuscarora; we picked each other up and played through the obstacles and pulled out with the dub” this senior said with a grin. Having a positive attitude is what this team is about.

These Warriors have come far and are learning key things that will help beat other top teams, this is what Guard Lauryn Freeman said, “This was our second win of the season and things are looking good for us. This game motivated me to step up and learn how to really play good defense against an incredibly good shooting team.”

huddle-2
Photo by Bryanna Jones ’18

Point Guard Summer Matlack said, “We played really good team basketball; we missed a good number of layups that could have put us up by more points, but in the end we all came together and contributed to grind.”