The Results Are in: First Students of the Month Celebration 2017

ATTENTION: There was a damaged SD card, so the December photo (taken in January…because the month of December has to be done for staff to decide who won for the month) is LOST. PLEASE COME to the FEBRUARY PHOTO SHOOT (which celebrates January winners)!

Students of the Month are chosen by staff and teachers, based on who they think has been a hardworking student. It’s not all about grades though, it can also be how you act in your classes.

Find out how these students won last month:

When asked how the students think they became SotM, Ishaq Ishad said, “I became SotM because I greatly improved in my class, and became aware of my mistakes.” Dayana Albarado stated, “I work hard and go to the teachers for help.” Lastly Mishell Orellana said, “I think I became SotM because I usually always come to school early and get extra help from my teachers and I always have a positive attitude.”

Desire is the key to motivation, but it’s determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal – a commitment to excellence – that will enable you to attain the success you seek.

— Mario Andretti (famous Race Car Driver)

We also asked the students what being SotM means to them. Jose Fidel Fuentes said, “being SotM means to me that I am hardworking and give my best effort anywhere I am.” Also Moada Mohamed replied “getting SotM just reassured me that I am doing something right.” Last we have Sarah Mirrow who said, “this is just exciting to me because its cool to have a teacher who recognizes the hard work you’ve put into their class.”

The last question we asked our amazing students was what will they do to continue to be good students, Andrea Gaoat said, “manage my time for studying and homework.” Ryan Klug said, “I will continue to make sure I pay attention in class and take notes like I normally do.” Last, but not least, Diba Barua said, “I will complete my assignments on time with good quality and check studentvue to see if I have any missing work to finish.”

To all the Warriors who are striving for Student of the Month, don’t lose hope. As long as you are kind and hardworking in your classes, you never know what the future holds for you. I wish everyone the best of luck in February. Congratulations to all the January Students of the Month!