Wakefield Through A Foreign Exchange Student’s Eyes: Spain

Diego Gonzalez, our third, and final, foreign exchange student is in the spotlight.

Luiza Sevele '15, Staff Writer

Diego Gonzalez is one of three exchange students at Wakefield. He is a sixteen years old student from Spain. His interests include engineering, learning various mechanical techniques, discoveries and scientific research. I met Diego just in September, but knew from the start that he was a friend. When I asked Diego why he chose to come to the US he said, “the main reason, of course, is language. If I know English, I can study all around the world and get a well-paid job. I also really like to have a new experience, get to know American culture, daily life in school and about American families. I am very happy that I can be here.” Diego describes Wakefield as big and confusing, but at the same time as a beautiful and modern school with great teachers, students and attitude. Diego’s favorite teacher is Mr. Telleria who teaches his Engineering class, “This class is very useful and entertaining; I like to study different things about engineering [that] I didn’t know before.“ Diego ended his interview with gratitude, “Thank you all. Thank you for your friendliness and kindness. I appreciate [it]!”