Football Drops to 2-4, Pushes Hard to Get Ready for Homecoming Game

Cason Poythress '20, Staff Writer

Last Friday the Wakefield Warriors competed against National Collegiate High School. The Warriors played hard but came out slow resulting in a 38-14 loss.

In the first quarter it was still anyones game with score of 6-0 with National Collegiate on top. In the middle of the second quarter Wakefield scored after a rushing touchdown by Junior Rodney Lee. Making the score 7-12, Wakefield still trailing. With a big play by NCHS in the last seconds of the first half they scored making the score 7-18 going into the second half.

At the end of the third quarter Wakefield managed to score once more with a pass to senior to James Clark with a 55 yard touchdown pass, but not without their opponent scoring also, with a score of 24-14 at the end of the quarter.  In the fourth quarter National Collegiate scored a few more times while the Warriors remained scoreless for the rest of the game, the final score was 38-14, NCHS on top.

The Wakefield Warriors play this Friday @ home @ 7pm, come out and support your Warriors in their homecoming game against the Lee Lancers.

Senior Lamont McDowell said, “We had some really tough and productive practices this week. Wednesday we made more progress than we have at any other practice this season. We are going to put it all on the field for Homecoming. Come watch us play.”