Wakefield Soccer Is Family

Girls Varsity Soccer are posed for a win. Come watch the game at the Wakfield Stadium against T.C. Williams the Thursday after spring break, 4/24.

Photo by Lifetouch

Kailee Blalock '16, Entertainment Editor

Soccer is the most popular sport in the world, and here at Wakefield, that popularity is seen at every practice. Let’s find out more about this dynamic team and what it takes to be a member.

Sophomore JV Captain Maylis Ramirez, said, “Wakefield soccer is so much fun and being on the team is really amazing…Throughout the year we honestly become more of a family than a team.”

When asked about practice, Sophomore Varsity player Rebecca Mercado said, “we start with warm ups and dynamic stretching then move on to possession and keep away drills. We have to do a lot of cardio to keep in shape and we have games 2-3 times a week.” Game time can be a different story; Ramirez said, “Bus rides to the away games are one of the best things. We sing, listen to music, and understand each other so much more! Not only are we teammates but eventually it’s like we all become best friends.” Mercado continued, “I am really excited to see how the team progresses. We have a lot of good incoming freshmen.”

Bus rides to the away games can be the most fun.
Giselle Lobos ’15                                                                                                        Bus rides to the away games can be the most fun.

What do our soccer players do when not at Wakefield? They play more soccer. Sophomore Varsity player, Amelia Wilt said, “I think almost everyone on the team plays soccer outside of Wakefield. Most of them are on travel teams.”

Players would love to have more super fans. To support our Warriors, check game times here: http://www.wakefieldathletics.org/.