What to Expect in Avengers: Infinity War

Photo used with permission at bit.ly/2HzGEPW

The Marvel Cinematic Universe has been building up to Avengers: Infinity War for the past decade, so every single one of your favorite Marvel movie characters will be appearing in this movie to try to take down the mad titan Thanos and his Black Order.

Thanos is gonna be the best bad guy in the Marvel universe.”

— Freshman Fabio Perla

What to expect…

• Lots of riffing between the characters: When you bring together the Guardians of the Galaxy and the Avengers, there’s gonna be a lot of laughs. Add in Ant-Man and Spider-man, and it’ll lead to even funnier exchanges, like the beginning of The Avengers, where everyone was making fun of each other.
    • Epic fight scenes: Think the airport fight scene in Captain America Civil War, but multiply it by 10, and you’ll have an idea of how cool the fighting will be in Infinity War. We at The Chieftain assume that new powers will either be revealed in battle, or heroes combining their abilities in incredible ways. Junior Elena Arrowsmith said, “I think the fight scenes are going to be iconic, and I hope to see a lot of explosions.”
    • Infinity Stones: Thanos and his Black Order will be attempting to collect the Infinity Stones, the most powerful pieces of the whole entire universe. The Infinity Stones can wipe out a whole planet with just a snap of your fingers if you possess the Infinity Gauntlet, and that’s exactly what Thanos intends to do.
    • Thanos and his powers: We have not seen Thanos fully in his battle mode, we have only seen him knocking out Iron Man with a single punch in the first trailer of Infinity War. However, Thanos (in the comics) has extraordinary powers. Thanos possesses the superhuman physiology of all Eternals, granting him superhuman strength, endurance, reflexes, and agility. Freshman Fabio Perla said, “Thanos is gonna be the best bad guy in the Marvel universe.”
    • Death: Most people agree that at least one superhero will die during Infinity Wars, but no one knows who. At the Chieftain, the vote is divided over which hero will die. Some people think Iron Man will die, others think Captain America, and even Starlord got one vote. Freshman Ben Spindler said, “I think Falcon’s going to die, because he doesn’t have very strong powers.” 

Avengers: Infinity War will be the biggest, most important movie in the Marvel universe, so it is clearly going to be very complicated, with lots of references to past movies. So before you go see Infinity War, make sure to brush up on your Marvel knowledge by watching as many other movies as you can. Once you have, make sure to go watch Avengers: Infinity War, which comes out on Friday, April 27th.

About the Writers
Josh Rosenberg '21, Staff Writer

My name is Josh Rosenberg, and I'm a freshman doing my first year of Journalism. I love cats, the Washington Nationals, and traveling. I'm looking forward...

Jonathan Osteguin '21, Staff Writer

Jonathan is a freshman at Wakefield High School. This is his first year doing Journalism and he is excited to see how it works out. In his free time, he...