Girls Lacrosse: Warriors on the Field

The Girls Lacrosse Team walks away happy after a victory at Stuart

Jackson Ringger '19, Staff Writer

Our Wakefield Girls Lacrosse Team is at the end of their season. They are currently 5-8, with 1 game to go till postseason.

Although the season has been a little rocky, there have been many significant highlights.

Including blowout wins over conference foes Lee and Stuart, and a nail biter 12-11 victory over Falls Church. Star midfielder and sophomore Julia Knorsworthy expounded upon that victory; “that Falls Church game was a significant moment for us. We were down early but we fought our way back to a great comeback win.”

Junior Maryann Dipp-Zapaleta, the team’s goalie has had the opportunity to play for her second year on Varsity. She has loved every minute; “the best part about being goalie is that you get to see the game from a whole different perspective. Your position is completely different from anyone else and you have a big responsibility. I like it a lot.” The worst part for her? “Getting bruises!”

Maryann describes this season to be her favorite season yet, “not only do I have more experience this season, but I’ve known my teammates for quite a while and I connect really good with my new teammates.” She and Julia both are looking towards the post-season season with laser focus, sharing the mutual goal of advancing to regionals. “Our goal is to put together a nice run in the conference tournament and make it to regionals. We feel like we have put in the preparation to succeed, it’s just a matter of executing” said Julia.

Looking at the final game of the regular season (SENIOR NIGHT), this Friday at home against Thomas Jefferson, Maryann said, “we really want fans support as we finish out the season. It really means a lot to us and makes us proud.”

Be there at 7:30 Warriors!