New Year, New Goals: How to Keep Them!

Back to Article
Back to Article

New Year, New Goals: How to Keep Them!

Abigail Afeworki '22, Staff Writer

It’s what we have all been waiting for Warriors; it’s 2019! Now that you have new goals for the new year, you have to actually try to keep them. This is the hardest part; but if you try, you can definitely reach your goals.

Here’s how:

Work as Hard as You Can

The semester is close to over which means things are about to get stressful, but you can do it! You can raise your grades and start off second semester strong by working hard. Don’t compare yourself to other students, just work at your pace and do the best you can do!

Start Getting Involved

Make sure to stay motivated. Think about why you made the goal in the first place. If your goal is to start new things and get involved with different clubs and sports, think about what you want to get out of it. Joining extracurriculars looks good on your college applications and so does volunteer work. You’ll also have fun and meet new people who may have the same common interests as you.

Time Management

Managing your time is a key to getting your work done. Start your homework and study time earlier so that you will have time to relax and do things you want to do, like sleep.

Stay Positive

If you feel down and things are not turning out the way you want them, don’t be upset with yourself or be negative. It may be hard, but encourage yourself to strive for the better!

Have Fun

Enjoy high school and making memories with your friends. Make sure to balance having fun with everything else. Don’t stress too much and be yourself.

So Warriors, don’t forget to start this year off strong. As long as you put your mind to it, you can definitely achieve whatever goals you set for yourself!