Student Spotlight: Jackson Ringger is Speeding Towards the End of High School Track

Hannah Foley '19, Staff Writer

Senior Jackson Ringger has been a prominent member of the Wakefield community these past four years. He’s played for the basketball team and runs for the track and cross country team! All while keeping his grades up and a smile on his face. He’s also a YouTuber, and is known for wearing his classic Nike headband.

Next year, Ringger will be continuing cross country at Brigham Young University! Ringger said, “I went to cross country camp there last year. I don’t think I can run on the official team right off the bat but they have a farm team that is coached by the assistant coach and a lot of people walk on through that team. So I will for sure we be running on the farm team and then we will see what happens.” 

The team is headed to Districts this Thursday at Falls Church High School. Those who qualify will go to Regionals, and then hopefully States! For outdoor track, Jackson runs the mile and two mile. He has been working towards these competitions for the past few months. Ringger said, “I’m pretty confident I will be at Regionals and I would like to go to States just because I haven’t been before. I think I’m good, but previously at Regionals I just haven’t had good races, so I’m hoping this year I can have a good race and can go to States.” It’s every senior’s dream to get to States in their final season.

Wakefield will be cheering you on, Jackson!