My Life in Romance Ep.1

My name is Henry Graham and my story starts on my first day of high school. It was your typical freshman entrance ceremony, the seniors do this dance to welcome the incoming freshman which I think is totally unnecessary. They danced to “Call Me Maybe” by Carly Rae Jepsen, and their dance was just them jumping around and into each other’s arms, laughing about jokes that were said weeks ago when they thought of the song and dance.

I began looking around for anyone I knew in the overpacked gymnasium, luckily I found my friend Jacob Belton. I started to walk towards him but then I bumped into someone, “Oh…I’m sorry” I said, “Oh…no problem”, she answered. She turned towards me and I was greeted with the most beautiful girl I have ever seen, she had long dark chestnut hair that was pulled up into a ponytail and brown eyes surrounded with long eyelashes. “Um..I..uh…hi” I stuttered. Why did I stutter, I am so dumb, I thought, mentally slapping myself; she smiled and walked away.

I started to walk towards Jacob; I couldn’t stop thinking about her…Who is she? Is she in my grade? What’s her name? Who is she?

“Henry, dude, get over here!” Jacob shouted at the top of his lungs. “Hey, Jacob” I answered. “Dude, let me see your schedule… cool, we have four classes together” Jacob exclaimed. “Dude, that’s the bell, let’s go.” said Jacob. We walked down the Foreign Language hallway, since our first class was French; as we were walking, I saw her again. She entered the French classroom.

I couldn’t stop my wide smile. “Dude, are you ok?” Jacob asked me. “Yeah…yeah, I’m ok” I answered. As we entered the classroom, this lady popped up in front of us and started singing in French. I guess she’s the teacher…then, I scanned for the chestnut haired girl.  The singing teacher led us to our seats and was gesturing around the room…I think. I caught glimpses of the room as I scanned for the brown eyes with long lashes. There were French movie and vocabulary posters. I sat down at the seat the French teacher waved at while she continued to sing. Jacob started talking about the teacher, “I dunno man, she looks like the type who would make you do a dumb skit or a group project with people you don’t know.” I hoped so. I would take any opportunity to be near her ponytail. Where was she?

“Ok, Je m’appelle Madame Blanchett and this is the start of your journey in France. I want all of you to face the person next to you and introduce yourself” said Madame Blanchett. I automatically started the one phrase I knew how to say well as I turned to my right, “Bonjour, Je m’appelle Henry…” It was her…HER! “Uh…hi…bonjour” I stammered. “Bonjour, Je m’appelle Caitlyn” she said happily. So, her name’s Caitlyn. Caitlyn.

This is the start of my high school life.