Mrs. Bob Cratchit’s Wild Christmas Binge Will Be…Wild

The+cast+practice+their+lines+after+school.+The+crew+focus+the+lights+and+work+on+the+audio+for+the+big+night.+

The cast practice their lines after school. The crew focus the lights and work on the audio for the big night.

Destiny Heid '17, Features Editor

It is winter play season at Wakefield. Come out and watch as the Wakefield Players present Mrs. Bob Cratchit’s Wild Christmas Binge on Friday, December 4th and 11th and Saturday, December 5th and 12th in the Wakefield auditorium. Producer and veteran Wakefield Guidance Counselor, Mr. Spencer said, “everyone has been working really hard and that work is definitely going to pay off. Mrs. Bob Cratchit’s Wild Christmas Binge is a hilarious and fun play with a little bit of music.”

Mrs. Bob Cratchit’s Wild Christmas Binge is a “memorable and dark comedy, that you don’t see in most school plays”  according to sophomore tech crew member Conrad Burns. Co-stage manager, and junior, Evan Voldal said “if you don’t go you’ll miss out on all the inside jokes. What if your friends go to see it, and then quote it for the next few weeks, and you don’t get the joke. You don’t want to be left out of the joke, do you?” Who would?

If you didn’t already get it from the title, it is about Christmas and it is wild. The play is a mash up of Scrooge, The Gift of the Magi, It’s a Wonderful Life, Oliver Twist, and even Touched by an Angel. It has a little of everything, even crotchety old Scrooge falling in love.  Your friends and classmates are in the play; come support all of their hard work. Most of the cast and crew spend 15 hours a week working on this production. 

Sophomore August MacCallan said, “the thing you would regret most about not going would be that you miss all the mistakes, that might actually be really funny.”