JV Girls Basketball: On the Road to Victory

Photo by Mr. Blair, Geometry teacher

Sophomore Kayla Gillums shoots a lay-up.

Cason Poythress '20, Staff Writer

With a record of 9 wins and 3 losses so far, the Girls Junior Varsity Basketball team is solid and looks to finish the season strong. The ladies started out the season with a bang, winning their first five games and blowing out the competition. The team showed they can shoot, score, rebound, and play strong defense. The girls are playing hard and giving the fans an exciting show every time they’re on the court.

The team has also had to rebound from loss this season; they had fallen into a slump, losing 3 games, but not losing hope. The girls kept their heads up and and came back…beating Stuart, Lee, Crossland, and Thomas Jefferson to start a new winning streak. They showed what being a Warrior is all about.

The Warriors played phenomenally against Thomas Jefferson winning 53-26 in an easy victory. The team’s offense was unstoppable! Never losing the lead, the ladies were confident the entire game, being on top at halftime 21-14. The ladies scored 22 points in the 3rd quarter! Showing their skills, they played hard throughout the game and had a chance to work on fundamentals and perfect their game.

Come support our lady warriors while they take on Edison tonight at 7:30pm at Wakefield High School! #WarriorNation