Wakefield Students Given Honor

Taylor White 15

Will you be in the next picture?

Da'Chanel Logan '16, Staff Writer

As most of you already know, Wakefield has reintroduced the student of the month. The October students of the month were chosen days after the month was over. There were 55 students chosen by the teachers, administrators, and counselors.

Every student at Wakefield has the chance to be picked for this honor. Most staff look for the five R’s: rigor, relationship, resilience, responsibility, and results in their chosen students.

October students shared how they felt about winning. Senior Nilofar Tokhi said, “ I feel great and surprised that I got picked. It’s an honor. My friends and [the] staff kept me on the right path to keep me motivated.” Sophomore Nour el Houda Kouki said, “I feel proud. I just had the determination to get good grades in everything and to get straight A’s; I just wanted to make my parents proud.” Freshamn Vessy Robles said, “I’m very happy and proud I won student of the month in English. I love English, so I always do my best work…I love school and learning.” Junior Yesun Tseveensuren said, “I’m honored, because I feel like I did something good. I want to work harder, and get another student of the month this year.”

It is wonderful to realize how hard Wakefield students work to get these great achievements and be recognized for all of their hard work and dedication.

November students of the month will be announced next week!

NOVEMBER STUDENTS OF THE MONTH: GET YOUR PICTURE TAKEN FOR THE CHIEFTAIN ON WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 10th DURING WARRIORS’ PERIOD IN TOWN HALL!